ABOUT OUR ARTISTS
How to keep informed about new artworks sold by an artist?
- Create an account on Artcliko and add your favourite artists to your "follow up » page. You will be notified by email if an artist changes his profile.
- Subscribe to Artcliko’s newsletter to keep you informed of the latest news regarding artists, works, events and what inspires us!
ABOUT OUR ARTWORKS
What is a limited edition?
- A limited edition is when the artist has only produced a small amount of works, for instance in the case of works produced within a reproducible process: sculpture, moulded ceramics and photography. For example, a photograph described as 2/7means this is the second photo of an edition of 7 prints exclusively. It will not be reproduced thereafter.
Are the paintings, prints, drawings and photographs sold framed?
- All Artcliko’s artworks are sent directly from the artist’s workshops so every one of them has its own way of operating. Artcliko suggest reading about the description corresponding to the work that interests you. It is always specified if the work is sold framed or not.
- Each artist packs up the works in its own way for shipping - flat or rolled in a tube.
ABOUT THE ORDER
How much is the delivery?
The delivery costs, to be borne by the buyer, are specified in the shopping cart, once the delivery address is indicated. They are calculated based on dimensions & weight of the works as well as the artist and delivery addresses.
Prices do not include:
- shipping costs (shipping, insurance, etc.): these are calculated at the time of confirmation of the order - before entering payment information - depending on the delivery location you specify.
- any customs duties, local taxes or import duties.
When ordering several works, can they be sent into one single shipment to reduce delivery costs?
If the ordered works are made by the same artist, they will be grouped in a single shipment. Otherwise, if the works are from different artists, it will not be possible to ship them together. In this case, delivery charges will also be doubled in the sense that they will apply on the first purchase and then on the second one, allowing both artists have the necessary funds to send their works separately.
What are the delivery deadlines?
They depend on two parameters:
- Preparation time: number of days required by the artist to make his work available to the carrier - generally between 1 and 3 days.
- Transportation time: number of days required by the carrier to deliver his work to the final address. It therefore depends on the shipping and delivery countries - between 1 and 3 days for France and between 2 and 15 days for international. This deadline starts when the artists makes his work available to the carrier.
More specific details on delivery deadlines will be provided when ordering. In addition, when the carrier will get hold of the parcel, you will receive a confirmation email with your order tracking number.
Is there an insurance covering the works in case of loss, theft or damage done during the shipment of the order?
Of course, Artcliko takes out an insurance for each shipment. It covers the risk of loss or damage on your order. The cost of this insurance is integrated in the transport costs.
If there is any problem about the deadline of your order or if it is delivered to you damaged, please contact Artcliko as soon as possible on: +33 6 31 54 14 87 to resolve the issue. The first thing to do is to document the situation as precisely as you can, possibly with supporting photographs, and send all the information to Artcliko by email: email@example.com.
ABOUT VAT, TAXES & CUSTOM FEES
Deducted VAT for non-EU countries
If delivery takes place in a non-EU country, the amount of the value added tax will be deducted from the total amount of the order at the shopping cart, when you enter your shipping address.
VAT – Is an order of 2 items from 2 different countries possible?
Unfortunately, this is not possible.
- To meet with the complex VAT rules with EU and non-EU countries, the ordering process has to be limited to one or more works of the same country. Indeed, the VAT rate differs depending on which country the work is sent from and therfore, it is not possible for Artcliko to calculate an overall VAT on a cart containing several works from different countries.
- If you want to order a second artwork from a different country than the first one, you will therefore need to finalize your first order.
Taxes & custom duties – differences in total order between EU and non-EU countries
- In the case of an order sent from a EU country to the same one or to another EU country, the total amount of the order includes all taxes payable by the buyer.
- In the case of a delivery from or to a non-EU country, the invoice price is excluding taxes. Customs duties, local taxes or any import duties are the responsibility of the buyer. Check with the relevant authorities in your country of residence to obtain more information.
Taxes & custom duties – Additional import taxes
- Any parcel from a foreign country must be given customs clearance: additional taxes and customs duties may apply and you must pay them to local authorities to release your parcel.
- The amount of your order is therefore stated as "excluding any customs fees."
- in order to understand better any applicable taxation to artworks imported into your country, we invite you to approach the competent customs authorities. Generally, the carrier performs the customs duties and taxes on your behalf, at the time of shipment of the order. If this is the case, we will charge you taxes and custom duties a posteriori.
4 possible ways to ship between countries:
- Shipping from the European Union to the European Union: no custom duties because we have a common custom territory.
- Shipping from the European Union to a third country (outside the EU): consult the customs authorities of the third country. For example, shipments from the European Union to the United States or Russia: no customs duties regarding original works of art created by living artists; Shipping from the EU to China: now – custom duties represent 6%.
- Shipping from a Third Country to the European Union: no customs duties regarding original works of art created by living artists.
- Shipping from a Third Country to another Third Country: consult the customs authorities of the alleged countries.
* European Economic Area includes member’s countries of the European Union plus Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein.
ABOUT TAX BENEFITS
When buying artworks, what are the conditions to qualify for tax deductions?
For individuals – Exemption of the Solidarity Tax on Wealth in France (I.S.F - Impôt de Solidarité sur la Fortune):
Section 885I of the General Tax Code (CGI) stipulates that: " Artworks are not subject to the solidarity tax on wealth. They are not included in the ISF declaration and amounts spent for the acquisition are not taxed. This tax provision is applicable to paintings, drawings, gouaches, watercolors, sculptures and bronzes."
Taxation and capital gains benefits:
Article 271 of the CGI states that: "in case of resale of an artwork, the seller, if he has an invoice, can choose two options:
- The lump-sump tax of 5% or the application of the general regime of capital gains (same regime as real estate gains with exemption after 15 years). If he has no invoice, the seller must pay the tax of 5% which will be paid through the sale on behalf of the seller.
- Regarding heritage transmission: under certain conditions, in case of succession, artworks can be integrated into a flat rate of 5% of the furniture."
For companies - Acquisition of artworks by living artists for businesses and liberal professions:
Article 238 bis AB of the CGI states that: "companies that acquire works by living artists can deduct from the profit for the year of acquisition and the following four years, in equal shares, a sum equivalent to the purchase price. This mechanism thus reduces every year for 5 years, 20% of the price of acquisition of works by living artists. This tax benefit is conditioned by four elements:
- The acquired works have to be included in a fixed assets account.
- The deduction made for each financial year must not exceed 0.5% of the turnover of the year.
- The artwork must be exhibited during the five years, in a place freely accessible to employees and visitors of the company.
- The company must register in a special reserve account under liabilities of the balance sheet, an amount equal to the deduction made, knowing that the money will be reinstated to the taxable income in the event of changes of assignment or transfer of the work or direct debit on the reserve account.